– Of course we are very proud of the Dagens Medicin award ”Best University Hospital 2015”. That the hospital has been chosen as the winner for the third time makes it even better, said Håkan Klarin when commenting on the prize. He is the director at the Medical Technology and IT Centre at Region Östergötland. Hakan Klarin does not believe that the three top prizes happened by chance, but emphasises the medical profession’s tireless efforts to improve and develop healthcare.
– The University Hospital has excellent medical results, high availability and good infection control. In addition, we have the finances under control. That is the reason why the hospital ends up so high in Dagens Medicin’s rankings, he explains.
The healthcare information system, Cambio COSMIC, has been used for several years by the smooth functioning IT support department at the university hospital, as is also the case elsewhere in the region. Håkan Klarin would not comment on the role COSMIC had on the hospital’s multiple victories. However, he stresses that smooth functioning IT support contributes to more effective and safe healthcare for patients.
– There is currently a major digitisation of Swedish healthcare and the system is becoming increasingly developed. IT support also gets a more central role in business development, he explains.
With safer healthcare processes being introduced in the near future, Cambio COSMIC will include additional features and services, including support for structured healthcare documentation, clinical decision support, mobile support for healthcare professionals, new medicinal drug modules and various e-learning services.
How will these upgrades affect the rankings in the future?
– Well, that question is impossible to answer. But the purpose of the new services are of course to further support the healthcare that is provided. This leads to more efficient and safer healthcare processes, and thus also to an increase in the quality of medical care, says Håkan Klarin.
Three COSMIC-counties in Sweden
He also wanted to take the opportunity to highlight Östergötland’s neighbors – Jönköping county and Kalmar county. Ryhov County Hospital in Jönköping won the award in the medium-sized hospital category and Oskarshamn Hospital won the award in the small hospital category.
– It is exciting to see that all three healthcare services in the South-East healthcare region of Sweden were awarded the top ranking by Dagens Medicin, and that we all use Cambio COSMIC, he says.
The services provided by Cambio COSMIC are developed by Cambio Healthcare Systems in consultation with the nine Swedish healthcare services who use the healthcare information system.
Do you want to know more? Ask me!
Share this page